Expressing lack of understanding and asking for clarification
1- Expressing lack of understanding.
It is a situation when there something not clear for you, it’s an ambiguous one. Expressing lack of understanding can be done in different ways. Here are some :
- I didn’t get your point.
- I don’t understand.
- Could you clarify please?
- Could you repeat?
- I am not sure I got your point.
- I don’t think I understand what you mean.
- I can’t see what you are driving at.
2- Asking for clarification
When something is not clear then obviously and evidently you ask for clarification. In other words you want the interlocutor to make it clear for you. This can be done in many ways. Here are some:
- Could you clarify this point please?
- What do you mean?
- Could you explain?
- Is possible if you elaborate more?
- Could you be more explicit?