Past perfect exercise
you are asked to change the verbs either to the past perfect or to the simple past tense.key answers with scoring are given at the end of the exercise.
0 of 1 questions completed
You May need to revise this lesson before doing this exercise.
Change the verbs either to the past perfect or simple past
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 1
1. Question23 points
Put the verbs to the right past tense ( perfect or simple )
- As soon as I (finish) (had finished)the test, I ( see) (saw)a movie.
- By the time we (get) (got)to the stadium, the football match (already/begin) (had already begun)
- if he (concentrate) (had concentrated)more, he would have got the best mark in class.
- After the secretary (type) (had typed)the documents, she (send) (sent)them by fax.
- I was very tired because I (study) (had studied)too much.
- Sam (switch) (switched)on the TV after she (wash) (had washed)the dishes.
- Before he (retire) (retired) he (work) (had worked)for many companies.
- When we (arrive) (arrived)to the station, the train (just/leave) (had just left)
- The patient (already/die) (had already died)by the time the doctor (see) (saw)her.
- After Fred (spend) (had spent)his holiday in Italy, he (want) (wanted)to learn Italian.
- They (stop) (stopped)smoking as soon as they (see) (saw)their boss.
- My mother (already/prepare) (had already prepared)breakfast when I (wake) (woke)up.
- if the driver (drive) (had driven)slowly, he wouldn't have had that terrible accident.
Leaderboard: past perfect
|Table is loading|
|No data available|