Below are tips that aim at helping students write intelligently.they are the outcome of many years of studying and teaching English .
- Before you write , Read the topic carefully and try to understand what you are asked for .
- Remember : it's not important how long your essay is , but rather how relevant and well-organised it is .
- Underline the key words in the topic .
- Never rush into writing your paragraph / essay directly .
- Write down any idea that come to your mind about the topic .
- Make an outline of your topic .
- Choose the most relevant ideas from the ideas you jotted down before .
- Write the first draft of your paragraph / essay .
- Revise your first draft ; add any other ideas ; delete some ; re-order another .
- Use appropriate linking words .
- Organise your essay into paragraphs . each paragraph must have a topic sentence and helping sentences with examples , causes and
- Check any grammatical , spelling , punctuation mistakes .
- Write clearly and neatly . in other words make your hand writing illegible .rewrite the final draft of your paragraph / essay .